No Decision


So today Mr H and I head to the hospital to see a consultant, supposedly with our decision about whether I will trying a VBAC or having an elective section with Baby Boy. This decision has been weighing heavily on my mind for a few months now and I have really struggled making it. On one hand, an elective section means I will know the outcome of my labour and don't have the worry of an emergency section like last time. But on the other hand a VBAC would mean a faster recovery and I can be there for Little H and Baby Boy a lot sooner.

So we arrived at the hospital this morning still undecided. In my mind I felt we would probably walk out having opted for a VBAC with a section as an option if I went too far over. An induction is out of the question, one forty hour labour was enough for me. I had mentally prepared myself to make a decision, with the help and advice of the doctor.

An hour later I walked out deflated and with no decision made. The doctor went through all the pros of the VBAC, the stats and information about the procedure, which I already knew, and as I hadn't decided he recommended we come back in two weeks with a decision.

As I drove home I felt a bit let down. I had psyched myself up to making a decision and walking out knowing what my plan would be, although I still walked in there a bag of nerves. I walked out with no sense of finality or closure on my decision, and still a bag of nerves! I realise this is a decision I need to make myself, but I was hoping for a little more advice or guidance from the doctor, rather than just facts and figures. I can't really blame the doctor, at least he wasn't pushy which I've heard is often the case, but I wanted...more.

So here we are, no further along. No more sure of what the outcome will be. No decision made.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Youtube Channel

Loading...
Back to Top buzzoole code