One room I am really excited to bring to life is our kitchen. Originally I was going for a teal colour scheme but with yellow becoming popular recently, I decided that it was perfect for creating a beautiful sunny kitchen and with some pops here and there it wouldn't be too intense.
1. I saw this Oliver Bonas vase ages ago and absolutely fell in love with it. Unfortunately it is no longer stocked and I am seriously kicking myself for not buying it there an then. So I am on the look out for something similar to hold my utensils.
2. I only saw this in Marks and Spencer's a couple of weeks ago and snatched it up. It was only £15 and is a really retro fruit bowl. I've also noticed that this is out of stock at the moment, so it must be popular.
3. Once I decided on yellow I scoured Pinterest for some idea on how to bring it into the decor. When I saw this picture it came to me - stripes! I have painted some in Miss H's room and thought a couple across the centre of one wall will really pull the room together.
4. I'm back and forth as to whether a yellow kettle might be a step too far, but I do love this Kenwood traditional kettle.
5. Unfortunately our kitchen didn't come with a splash back, and this is something that definitely needs rectifying as there are marks all over the walls. I adore glass subway tiles, so when we get the money together I will be opting for a beige tone just to have something easy to keep clean and quite neutral.
6. This is similar to our kitchen with white cupboards and a brown worktop, definitely a great backdrop for that yellow splash!
7. Does anyone remember these Pyrex bowls from your childhood? I'm sure my mum or my nan had a few of these and I love them so much. They'd be such a lovely feature on my windowsill or the table.
8. I've only just come across these on Not On The High Street - how amazing are they?! Gorgeous utensil holders in a Polaroid shape, amazing!
9. When I saw this on Let's Talk Mommy's IG feed I knew it was just the cushion I'd been looking for. It's from Tesco and for £8 it's an absolute steal!
So those are my ideas for our kitchen, hopefully it will be ready for the summer sunshine soon!